What is Triple EEE?
Triple EEE is a plug and play system for heat recovery. The purpose of this Smart Farming solution, is to recover energy from the process water from air washer. This energy is then used to pre-heat the incoming air during the winter period. Another goal of the Triple EEE system is to improve the air quality in the house . Because more energy is introduced into the barn in the form of optimal air temperature, more ventilation can be used and the relative humidity, CO 2 concentration and other harmful substances, among other things, are lowered.
The Triple EEE concept consists of:
- a plug-and-play SKID unit ( which draws energy from the process water ) that is placed in the technical room of the air washer.
- air / water heat exchangers in the incoming air whereby the recovered energy from the washer is transferred to the incoming air.
Triple EEE (also known as Triple E) stands for: Energy, Efficiency and Economy
The compact design of the SKID includes a circulation pump that pumps the process water from the air scrubber, a plate heat exchanger separates the dirty process water from the clean water that is pumped to the inlet heat exchangers , a pump that transports the clean water to the air inlet heat exchange pumps and a smart operating system . This SKID and heat exchangers can be installed quickly and easily. The SKIDS are available in capacities from 100 kW up to and including 1,000 kW.
With the Triple EEE system you can recover a minimum of 77 kW of thermal energy from house air for pre-heating the incoming ventilation air with 1 kW of electrical energy for the installation . Triple EEE realizes a heating cost saving of at least 60%. In combination with a heat pump for the post-heating, this can result in a total cost saving of more than 87%.
Heat recovery through Triple EEE guarantees healthy animals and a lower feed conversion
It is generally accepted among vets that an optimum house climate has clear advantages:
- Healthier lungs , because better ventilation removes more harmful gases.
- Less chance of illnesses because fewer germs are present at a lower humidity .
- Better intestinal health because an optimal or warmer environment stimulates the circulation in the intestines. In cold stables, blood is mainly pumped to important organs such as the heart, lungs and brain.
- Less or no ear biting due to the prevention of drafts or climate fluctuations in the stable.
The animals in the house generate heat that normally escapes together with the ventilation air. By using the air washer not only for air purification but also for heat recovery, this heat can be reused.
The heat collected in the air washer is transported to the heat exchangers in the air inlets of the house. This allows us to heat the incoming air from -10 ° C to + 8 ° C, which results in more than 60% reduction in energy costs. The introduction of extra energy via pre-heating leads in practice to a reduction in feed conversion (practical results 10%) and higher growth.
Triple EEE components
- Plate heat exchanger – forms the separation between dirty process water and clean water on the secondary side of the plate exchanger and transfers the energy from the process water to the clean water that is transported to the air inlets to preheat the incoming air.
- Backflush – allows the user to flush the plate heat exchanger .
- Primary pump – from the air washer via the filter to the heat exchanger, back to the air washer
- Filter – guarantees that the heat recovery system cannot become contaminated .
- Secondary pump – extracts energy from the plate heat exchanger, pumps the energy to the (inlet) heat exchanger (s)
- Expansion vessel – processes excess water volume caused by temperature fluctuations.